Hexacon Call for papers
- CFP closes at the end of May
- Talks selection in July
- 13-14 October: Hexacon 2023
About the conference
- Hexacon is a single track security conference focused on technical offensive security talks
- The conference will take place from the 13th of October 2023 to the 14th in the heart of Paris
- Every talk will be in English, without translations or subtitles
- A social event will be organized on the 13th of October evening
- Trainings will take place the 4 days prior to the conference, from the 9th to the 12th of October
Have a cool research you want to showcase to the Offensive Security community?
Take a moment to read what Hexacon expects from a talk application, deadline for submissions is end of may.
Would you like to share your novel / interesting research work in any of these topics?
- Vulnerability research
- Exploitation techniques
- Cryptography attacks
- Hardware hacking
- Application Security
- OS, virtualization and low level security
- Short distance attacks
- Post exploitation techniques
Benefits for speakers
Present your research to the world
Speak in front of an expert crowd.
Your talk will also be recorded (if you agree), archived publicly and can be used later on as a reference in bibliographies.
Last year edition videos can be found here : https://www.youtube.com/@hexacon4091
1 reserved ticket
Added to the free entry for the speaker(s), each accepted submission grants one extra ticket that is reserved but must be paid at the early bird price.
Travel expenses subsided
Speakers are what makes the conference truly unique, that's why it's only fair to help you come to Paris, logistically as well as financially.
Thus we will provide the speakers a free hotel room for the duration of the event.
Spend an evening with other speakers, trainers and program committee members.
About your potential application
Submitters are expected to provide some information about the talk they want to present in order for the committee to fairly grade them against other applications.
Each application can list up to 3 speakers, and must respect either the 30 minutes or 45 minutes format.
What you should include
- Your name or pseudonym, and contact information
- Presentation title, duration and abstract
- Duration of your talk (30 or 45 minutes)
- Overall outline of the talk
- Past speaking experience if you have some, especially if those are in English
- Ensure the content of your talk has real-world relevance and provides inspiration for further work for the listener
- The subject does not have to be truly novel or original, but in that case it must aim for state of the art knowledge
- Express clearly why people want to attend to your talk and what will be their takeaways from it
- Give your proposal a title that entices people to know more about it
How to submit your application
- Follow the link below to go to the CFP platform and fill the form for your application. CFP is open until the end of May 2023.
- The review committee will examine your application and accept it or not. Expect an answer (positive or not) by the beginning of July 2023.
- Upon acceptance of your application, you will be contacted to smooth out logistical details regarding your coming, and you will be asked additional info such as a biography, photo, etc.
- In the unfortunate event that you can't physically come to Hexacon to deliver your talk, your slot will be reallocated to someone who can.
- Enjoy Hexacon and Paris in the fall!
Who will judge your submission?
The review committee was created by gathering many experts of the community that best represent the variety and diversity of technical
knowledge and viewpoints, in order to make Hexacon a truly global conference :
- Perri Adams
- Patroklos Argyroudis
- Jean-Baptiste Bédrune
- Amat Cama
- Marco Grassi
- Ophir Harpaz
- Bruno Keith
- Vitaly Nikolenko
- Valentina Palmiotti
- Fabien Perigaud
- Axel Souchet
- Gabrielle Viala
Feel free to contact us if you have any question
- By mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
- On Twitter : https://twitter.com/hexacon_fr
- On Discord : https://discord.gg/rNnWpVVEzp
You can enter proposals until 2023-06-01 00:00 (Europe/Paris), 22 hours, 24 minutes from now.